The IIC Message Template tables contain definitions of data that is sent with the IIC message. It can be either a simple flat structure (only a few fields) or a complex structure (multi-level structure).
Both the default settings that have been set on the IIC Simple Message Template page and on the IIC Complex Message Template page, are initiated with the IIC Initialize action on the IIC Setup page. The following templates for different IIC message types are used:
- SALES for Sales Message Type (Complex)
- PURCHASE for Purchase Message Type (Complex)
- DOCUMENTHISTORY for Document Update Message Type (Simple)
- SHIPMENT for Shipment Notification Message Type (Complex)
- INVOICE for Invoice Message Type (Complex)
- CRMEMO for Sales Credit Memo Message Type (Complex)
- RETURNRCPT for Sales Return Receipt Message Type (Complex)
- RETURNSHIP for Purchase Return Shipment Message Type (Complex)
IIC Simple Message Templates
- Choose the icon, enter IIC Simple Message Template List, and then select a related link.
- On the IIC Simple Message Template List page, create a new record and fill in the Code and the Name fields.
- Use the Edit action to open the IIC Simple Message Template page.
- The following fields are available on the General FastTab:
Buffered - Specifies whether the IIC message will be buffered. Buffered IIC messages, after they are received, are de-composed in and internal IIC table, so their content can be easily accessed by various processing tasks. For simple messages, it is recommended to select: No.
Last Date Modified - Specifies the date and time of the latest modification of the message template.
Status - Specifies the status of the message as Open or Released. The user cannot make any changes to the message template once it has been released. The status can be changed by using the Reopen or Release action on the IIC Simple Message Template page.
- The following fields are available in lines:
- Line No. - Specifies the line number of IIC simple message template.
- Code - Specifies the identifier of a simple message line.
- Simple messages should contain only one line behind this line. To check which fields are included in the simple message, use the Show Fields action on the Line group. The following fields are available in the IIC Message Template Fields table:
- Processing Order - Specifies the sequence number.
- Code - Specifies the code of the field.
- Field Type - Specifies the type of the field.
The purpose of the simple message template is to provide an easy framework for creating your own messages that are usually not related to any document and contain only a few simple fields.
IIC Complex Message Templates
Complex message templates contain a definition of document-like structures. The structure of a header for the complex message is similar to a simple messages. Only the administrator set as IIC Super User can change lines definitions.
IIC Complex Message Template Lines
Following fields are available in complex message lines:
Level - Specifies the level of the line. It is greater than 0 for indented lines. You can adjust line indentation by using Increase Indent and Decrease Indent functions.
Parent Line No. - Specifies the number of the parent line that is automatically calculated for indented lines.
Line No. - Specifies the number of the line.
Code - Specifies the code of the line.
Source Table No. - Specifies the number of the table from which the data will be entered. For example, for a header line for the message template: 36 (Sales Header).
Source Table Name - Specifies the table name used in the current company.
Target Table No. - Specifies the number of the table into which the data will be imported. For example, for a sales order: 20020756 (IIC Purchase Header Buffer), as the outgoing sales order will be imported as the purchase document in an IIC partner company.
Target Table Name - Specifies the name of the buffer table in the IC partner company to which the data should be sent.
Additional Table No. - Specifies the number of the table to which the data will be imported. Data from this table can also be included in the message and will be imported directly to the system which means skipping buffer validations.
Additional Table Name - Specifies the name of the table in the IC partner company to which data should be moved after accepting the buffered document.
Generator Codeunit No. - Specifies the codeunit which will fill in the data set programmatically. This field is useful when working with temporary tables, e.g. the Tracking Specification table.
Record Filter - Specifies that the user can set a filter based on table records to exclude certain records from being exported. Records that do not meet the filter criteria will be excluded. The length of the filter is limited to 250 characters. If the filter is specified on level 0 (the document header), the whole document will be excluded from the AIC flow. If it is specified on a different level (the document line), only the line will be excluded.
During the upgrade from the application version lower than 184.108.40.206, if the Record Filter value was not a valid filter, it will be cleared.
The Record Filter value will not be sent to another company with the Synchronize action.
- Overwrite if Exists - Specifies that the already transmitted record will be overwritten, if it exists in the IIC partner company.
Source Link & Target Link
In order to maintain a link between indented tables, it is needed to set up source and target links. For this purpose, use the Source Link and Target Link functions. To create a new IIC message template line link:
- On the IIC Complex Message Template Lines page use the Show Source Link (or Show Target Link) actions.
- On the IIC Message Template Line Link fill in:
- Field No. - Specifies the field number of the primary key of the indented table.
- Parent Field No. - Specifies the field number of the primary key of the parent table.
Complex Message Template Fields
Open the IIC Complex Message Template Fields page by using the Show Fields action.
Fields entered from default templates can be changed only by the IIC super user.
The following fields are available:
Message Template Field Type - Specifies the type of the message field:
Normal - used for the regular fields;
Constant - used when a fixed value for a field needs to be transferred;
IIC Message - used for fields that should contain a field value entered from IIC message envelope;
Additional - used for additional fields, which will be transferred to the final table directly, without being stored in buffer tables.
Processing Order - Specifies the order in which fields should be processed.
Track Difference - Specifies what should happen, if received field values differ from the values found on the original document. If there is a difference, the Track Difference field indicates in which section (Information, Warning or Error) on the buffer document the difference should be registered.
Code - Specifies the identifier of the field.
Source Table No. - Specifies the number of the source table that is inherited from the message template line.
Source Field No. - Specifies the field number in the source table.
Source Field Name - Specifies the field name in the source table.
Mapping Code - Specifies the mapping code which will be used for data mapping. For details, read Field Data Mappings.
Target Table No. - Specifies the number of the target table that is inherited from the message template line.
Target Field No. - Specifies the field number in the target table.
Target Field Name - Specifies the field name in the target table.
Const. Field Value - Specifies a fixed value of the filed. It can be used, if the Message Template Field Type field is set to Constant.
IIC Message Field No. - Specifies the number of the IIC message field that you can select from the IIC Message table, if the IIC Message Template Field Type field is set to IIC Message.
Field Type - Specifies the type of the field data.
Additional Table No. - Specifies the number of an additional table that is entered automatically from the message template line.
Additional Field No. - Specifies the number of a field in the additional table.
Additional Field Name - Specifies the name of a field in the additional table.
Skip Target Template Transfer - Specifies whether the template field should be transferred from a buffer table to a target table as specified in a message template.