Bonuses & Accruals
Bonuses & Accruals application extends the discount functionality available in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central. The application offers the functionality for:
- bonuses that are granted after a sales invoice is posted, i.e. rebates (retrospective payment). Such rebates are set based on sales targets met by your company and are settled only after the completion/posting of a transaction (as opposed to the so-called front-end discounts, which are calculated when a sales transaction is entered);
- recording other bonuses/rebates calculated based on the sales amount and sales quantity, including commissions and for sales staff and sales representatives, loyalty programs, royalties, etc.
The Bonus Card page is the main element of the Bonuses & Accruals application, which you can use to set up and manage:
- bonus types based on calculation parameters such as a calculation base and method, general ledger accounts, and details on how bonuses are to be posted and settled,
- bonus calculation setup based on bonus calculation thresholds and percentages or amounts to be calculated for a specified threshold progressively or from the highest threshold (sales volume),
- bonus recipients, including persons and organizations,
- items or resources sold for which bonuses/rebates are calculated,
- periods for which bonuses are to be calculated,
- recurring bonuses and automatic creation of new bonus cards based on a selected recurring frequency.
All accruals records for a calculated bonus amount are stored in the sub-ledger in Dynamics 365 Business Central. Depending on the settings, you can post accruals for bonuses calculated.
Alternatively, you can post accruals amounts to inventory ledgers, which affects the sales statistics (by creating value entries).
After the bonus period has ended, the bonus is closed and you can settle it manually or by issuing a sales credit memo or purchase invoice.
After the bonus settlement document is created, it is possible to print the bonus summary for all linked transactions.
Bonuses & Accruals for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central® is an application available in both license models –cloud (online, SaaS) and on-premises (perpetual license and subscription). Since the release wave 2 of Business Central 2019, the Bonuses & Accruals application is offered as a single solution for both the online and on-premises versions of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central.
The topics listed below have been described in this documentation.
Administration and Installation
Product Lifecycle Policy
Business Central - Base Application
Bonuses & Accruals has been designed based on the technology and functionality of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central. Business Central, as a popular ERP system, supports the management of small and medium-sized companies worldwide, enabling them to automate and streamline their business processes in many business areas.
Documentation for Business Central, the base application, has been published on IT.integro Docs.
Get Started with Bonuses & Accruals
To get started with Dynamics 365 Business Central and Bonuses & Accruals, contact IT.integro at email@example.com.